Brands have come a long way from the flash campaigns and mammoth media budgets of the eighties and nineties.
Today, the value of your brand isn’t defined so much by how it appears on billboards and glossy ads, but by how people experience your brand: at every moment, at every interaction and every day.
And if the brand experience doesn’t match your marketing hyperbole? Watch your customers vote with their feet.
Make no mistake, building an maintaining an authentic brand experience is hard. (Communicating an authentic brand story, by comparison, is child’s play.)
Human Brand’s 8-point checklist for a powerful brand experience:
- Does your organisation have a clear vision?
- Is your team 100% aligned behind the vision?
- Do you know who your customers are?
- Do you know what your customers are looking for?
- Have you articulated the brand experience you want your customers to have?
- Do you have a consistent brand presence?
- Is your customer experience consistent and on-brand?
- Do you have mastery of all your communication channels, particularly digital?
But like all hard work: it pays off: recent research tells us that brands that are focused on experience outgrow their counterparts by 4% in total shareholder value.
Want to know how to build an authentic brand experience?